ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-xxx]

[stld-rfp-xxx] Trademarks And Domains - RE: USPTO.gov

  • To: stld-rfp-xxx@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [stld-rfp-xxx] Trademarks And Domains - RE: USPTO.gov
  • From: Toptenmodels@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 05:27:04 EDT
  • Sender: owner-stld-rfp-xxx@xxxxxxxxx

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/tac/tmep/1200.htm#_Toc2666059

I would suggest you reading and understanding the decisions outlined by the USPTO.gov.

You can't TM/SM a tld - it's not possible unless under very specific instances.  As for the proposed .XXX domain name - FORD Motor Company , example , couldn't lay claim for FORD.XXX as there could not be any defense of their TM based on infringement as nobody would confuse and adult site with an automaker.

In consulting with my attorneys - unless your TM clearly identifies Adult Services / Products - then your claim could be dismissed in any WIPO dispute.  I have gone through the WIPO process - its costly and time consuming.

I sincerely hope the registrars learned from the fiasco of the .info/.biz sunrise process.  The numerous fraudulent claims - and there was no system in place to verify TM's as required during this process.  People were simply making up TM # and Country TM's.  It was out of hand and done primarily by speculators.  I would like to see a limit of domain names per individual / billing address so these names are not simply bought on speculation and sold at a profit.  I think this is one reason these other domains never took off - there were few content sites that went up.

I hope the Sunrise allows for verification and multiple registrations based on date/time stamp and a vetting process takes place and that the individual registering the name also have a content site he/she will be put up.

A VALID ADULT TM NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED.

This is a great opportunity to help clean up the internet if done correctly.

Thank you for your time.

IndependentEscorts.com