ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-xxx]

I am against this proposal !

  • To: <stld-rfp-xxx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I am against this proposal !
  • From: "Niecodzienny" <niecodziennyon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 17:04:03 +0200

I do NOT like the idea of the .xxx top level domain.

Not sure if anyone from ICANN reads this forum and cares about the opinions presented by forum participants, but personally I am against the nex extension.
First of all, I am against new extensions in generall.
I supported .biz and .info but I don't think intoroducing nex extensions again is a good idea.
.Biz and .info were introduced 2 years ago, but they are still not as popular as .com, .net and .org.
The internet matures and ICANN should consider it when taking decisions.

Everyone recognizes the most popular domain extensions but adding new extensions as .jobs, or .mail will only make more chaos.

But well, i want to post this message under the ".xxx extension proposal" forum, so here are my thoughts about that particular domain.

As anyone knows, adult websites are a part of the internet whether you like it or not, just as adult magazines are available in every store.

99% of them are legal and operated by real companies.
( 1% of them may contain illegal content and must be fighted - I agree ).

But since these website are legal, i do not see any necessity for them to operate under an separate domain name .

It will only lead to lots of lawsuits if this domain name is introduced.