ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-xxx]

The real-world truth about porn .com sites

  • To: stld-rfp-xxx@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: The real-world truth about porn .com sites
  • From: Intspecialties@xxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 11:25:42 EDT

Why would a .com porn site voluntarily go out of business?  It would not.  It would just open up an additional site at .xxx.  Because of the extremely low cost of keeping a .com porn site running, they will never give up their address.  That is the truth.  If the .com tld was not internationalized, one country could impose resonable "zoning" laws to force porn to a .xxx tld.  Unfortunately, I think we will have to rely on filters and "zoning" such as kids.us.  Wish it was not that way - but it is.

Jeff