ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stratplan-questions]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index

STRATEGIC PLANNING CONSULTATION PROCESS 2006-07

  • To: <stratplan-questions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: STRATEGIC PLANNING CONSULTATION PROCESS 2006-07
  • From: "Dr. Nikhil Agarwal" <nagarwal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 23:08:30 +0530

Friends,

I am taking this opportunity to put my views in short. I don't wish to
express motherhood statements. If somebody wish to discuss the explanation
of my points, please feel free to write to me.

1. What are the major factors that will affect the DNS over the next three
to five years?

Other then the technical factors, I wish to highlight few other factors
which would effect DNS over the next three to five years.

- Increased Youth Participation in Internet.
- Preferences and culture of different people across the nations.
- Government Regulations
- Industry readiness

2. What are the major issues facing ICANN over the next three to five years?

Major issues would be:

- Acceptability among various groups
- Distribution and re-distribution of DNS
- Security
- Introduction of new gTLDs like .xxx
- Future Organization Structure of ICANN and its role

3. What are the most important issues for the ICANN community to discuss
over the next three to five years?

- Increase Multistakeholder approach.
- Internet to be 'sell' as 'Global Unification Medium'
- Creation of Parallel Internet.
- New Protocols and Technology
- ccTLDs and gTLDs

4. What are the most important regional issues that need to be included in
ICANN's planning?

- Localization vs Globalization
- Integration of Public-Private-People-Partnership [PPPP]
- Role of global organizations like UN and ITU.
- Economic issues

Best regards,
Dr. Nikhil Agarwal
A/Professor SPJIMR, www.spjimr.org
Chief Editor - JIBC [http://www.arraydev.com/commerce/jibc/]
Adviser UN GAID www.un-gaid.org
+91-9892751060

dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
believed to be clean.

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index