ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[tel-numeric-only-domains]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

Allow the Allocation of Numeric-Only (Excluding Single-Digit) Domains in .TEL

  • To: <tel-numeric-only-domains@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Allow the Allocation of Numeric-Only (Excluding Single-Digit) Domains in .TEL
  • From: "Top Level Domain Consulting" <info@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 21:32:07 +0200

Dear Telnic,

thank you for opening the discussion of numeric only .tel domains.

In general we do support your plan, but we would like to ask you to create
only real existing phone numbers as tel domains.

What we do suggest is, that you cooperate with international telephone
companies, so that all valid numbers get uploaded as domain in bulk.

It would be best if you negotiated flat fess with national phone companies,
so that tel domains can be provided for free to end phone number users.

A valid numeric tel domain would be something like 00442031708438.tel or
something like 02031708438.uk.tel.

I am confident that the International Telecommunication Union (ITU),
formerly known as CCITT, is happy to discuss this with you.

http://www.itu.int/en/pages/default.aspx

If you allow to create random numeric .tel domains, you will reduce the
value of your TLD forever;

And ITU might have to register for their own TLD.

It's in your own best interest if you are a little bit more restrictive
about the set of allowable tel domains.

If you want to hear more about our business plans for the international
telecommunication industry, we are happy to share our ideas and concepts
with you.

With kind regards

Matthias Jungbauer

Top Level Domain Consulting

Otto-Hahn-Str.16

75031 Eppingen

info@xxxxxxx

Top Level Domain Consulting is not affiliated with ITU, nor with a member of
them.

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>