ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[tmch-docs-sep12]

Comments from the Smart Internet Foundation (.ДЕТИ)

  • To: <tmch-docs-sep12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments from the Smart Internet Foundation (.ДЕТИ)
  • From: "Irina Danelia" <irina.danelia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 18:54:13 +0400

Dear ICANN,

The comments below are related to the TMCH implementation process in general
rather than to the documents presented for comments However we want to them
to be listened to.

At the TMCH repository presentation in Toronto, we have noticed that the
demonstrated web interface supports input solely for ASCII-based script. We
want to draw your attention to the importance of ensuring a possibility for
ALL trademarks including those registered in non-ASCII scripts to benefit
from TMCH.

We also believe that the ICANN should launch a global promotional campaign
to increase awareness of the TMCH instrument and to educate the TM holders
about concrete procedures of its usage. We would expect the ICANN to
announce a plan of such an awareness raising campaign and to publish a TMSH
user manual (including descriptions of the user interface, TM submission
procedure, etc). We also suggest ICANN should consider a possibility to team
up with with new gTLD registry operators to run joint campaigns on the
regional level. This approach can boost efficacy of communication and
benefit potential TMCH customers.

Sincerely yours,

Irina Danelia

Deputy Director