ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[tmch-strawman]

Comments on TMCH "Strawman Solution"

  • To: "tmch-strawman@xxxxxxxxx" <tmch-strawman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments on TMCH "Strawman Solution"
  • From: Paul Diaz <pdiaz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:36:30 -0500

On behalf of Public Interest Registry, the .ORG Registry Operator and applicant
for new community-based .NGO and .ONG strings as well as four IDN versions of
.ORG, I wish to note our support for the 9 January 2013 NTAG comments related
to the Strawman Proposal for the Trademark Clearinghouse (see
http://forum.icann.org/lists/tmch-strawman/msg00014.html).  We believe that the
NTAG submission reflects a well-balanced critique of the Trademark
Clearinghouse and proposed Rights Protection Mechanisms.  These comments
demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the key technical, operational and
policy issues and challenges surrounding this critical aspect of the New gTLD
program, as well as the process to address them via the ICANN multi-stakeholder
model.  We strongly urge ICANN to carefully consider these comments as they
formulate their path forward.

Respectfully,

Paul Diaz
Director of Policy
Public Interest Registry (applicant for .NGO/.ONG)