ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[tmch-strawman]

Strawman Solution Comments - Bill Doshier, dotStrategy

  • To: <tmch-strawman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Strawman Solution Comments - Bill Doshier, dotStrategy
  • From: Bill Doshier <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:52:07 -0600

Dear ICANN,

dotStrategy, Co. is a United States based applicant applying for the Top
Level Domains .fun and .buzz.  A new participant to the ICANN process, we
relied on the information provided by the current Applicant Guide Book for
developing our business plan and completing the applications around our
selected strings.

We want to offer our support for the TMCH Strawman comments submitted by the
NTAG on 9, January 2013
(http://forum.icann.org/lists/tmch-strawman/msg00014.html ), emphasizing our
agreement with the following notes from this document:

NTAG notes:

1. The STI voted with "Broad Consensus" to limit trademark claims to only
identical match (See STI Sec. 4.3. The BC was the only dissenter, while the
IPC approved).

2. The ICANN Board stated in no uncertain terms that the TC service should
be limited to only identical match trademarks.

Again, applicants have relied on these long-settled community-based
agreements. Their reversal now should appropriately come only from the
entire community.

dotStrategy appreciates the opportunity to provide comment on this important
matter, and urges ICANN to consider the NTAG comments as well as our support
for them.

create.buzz

Bill Doshier, President
DotStrategy, Co.