ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[transfer-comments-a]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

The entire mechanism is Wrong!

  • To: transfer-comments-a@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: The entire mechanism is Wrong!
  • From: Robert Fox <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:43:38 +0000

The current mechanism allows any registrar to steal names,

I have already have had several unauthorised attempts to take my personal names. These I can stop. But as for my clients well they are on their own.

If they are ill, on holiday for more than 5 days they loose there names.

Yes there may be a transfer dispute mechanism, but it shouldn't of occcured in the 1st place. Now not to name people, but almost any one in Indonesia shouldn't be trusted. Just ask your best mates, Verisign.

The job of a registrar should be to manage domain names on behalf of there clients. As part of that job they should be bound to do what their clients wish. This is the way with Nominet. (UK National Registrar).

When our client wishes to leave our control to another .uk registrar we transfer their name to the registrar of their choice without charge.

Your current method only favours Verisign and crooks.

However my ranting will be in vain, because I don't have the sort of cash needed to change ICANN's mind.

Warmest regards

Bob Fox
--
BB-Online UK Ltd, ICANN Accredited International Domain Name Registrar
Members of Nominet, DK-Hostmaster, SE-NIC, Registration Authority Italiana, IE Domain Registry and others

PO Box 2162, Luton, Beds, LU3 2YT, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1582 572148 Fax: +44 (0)1582 585057

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>