ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[transfers-wg]

[transfers-wg] Transfers WG Agenda

  • To: transfers-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [transfers-wg] Transfers WG Agenda
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:58:06 -0400

All -

The first Transfers working group meeting will be held on Thursday, 18
August 2005 at 21:00 UTC (14:00 Los Angeles, 17:00 EST, 23:00 CET, 7:00
am Friday Melbourne, 9:00am Friday Auckland)

I apologize for the uncomfortable call time that we've arranged. There
was a conflict with the GNSO Council call earlier today and it was
important that we moved the ball forward after so much delay. The next
call will be scheduled at a much more reasonable time and much of our
next work will be conducted on the mailing list. Hopefully this doesn't
inconvenience too many of you.

Call-in details have already been circulated. Please let me know if you
did not receive the phone number and access code.

If there are other members of your respective constituencies that would
like to participate, please let me know.

Call Agenda:

1. Review WG Scope and Deliverables.
2. Start gathering items that require further clarification from staff.
3. Outline next steps.
        - completion of list of issues
        - prioritization of list of issues
        - preparation of document outline further work requirements

Total time: 45 minutes.

WG Scope:

The goal of the working group is to document specific issues with the
existing Inter-registrar transfer policy that require further
clarification necessary to support a recommendation to the GNSO Council
to request the preparation of an advisory from ICANN staff concerning
the appropriate interpretation of any of the unclear provisions. The
working group must identify what further data analysis or audits will be
required to produce sufficient information for the Council to take a
decision. Any recommendations from the working group should identify the
total amount of time and resources required to collect the necessary
level of data. The task force should also prepare a secondary document
outlining what areas of further or additional work the GNSO Council may
wish to undertake regarding the existing consensus policy.
- --

                      -rwr

Contact info: http://www.blogware.com/profiles/ross
Skydasher: A great way to start your day
My weblog: http://www.byte.org