ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[transfers-wg]

RE: [transfers-wg] Transfers WG Agenda

  • To: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <transfers-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bhavin Turakhia" <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marcus Faure" <faure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [transfers-wg] Transfers WG Agenda
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:14:37 +1000

Another useful recommendation is that the losing registrar use a contact
address (or contact method) different from that used by the gaining
registrar.  e.g if the losing registrar has customer account
information, which is different from the information that is publicly
displayed via WHOIS - then a note should be sent to this address.   I
don't think this needs a policy change - but would be worthwhile listing
in a separate - suggestions for good implementations document maintained
on the ICANN website.

Some of the hijackings have consisted of getting control of the publicly
displayed email address, and then initiating the transfer.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin