ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[transfers-wg]

[transfers-wg] Finalising the Review of Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy

  • To: transfers-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [transfers-wg] Finalising the Review of Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:02:38 -0400

Folks -

I realize it has been a long time since our last discussion. I would
like to schedule two further calls and close off our work as quickly as
possible. The agenda for these two calls will be to a) review our work
this far, b) review the attached documents as prepared by staff and work
in any further recommendations or clarifications that have the broad
support of this working group, and finally c) package up our
recommendations for presentation to the GNSO Council.

Tenatively, I would like to schedule June 6th at 3pm EST and June 13th
at 3pm EST for a period of 90 minutes each to finalize this work.

The documents attached have been prepared by Karen in response to the
work that we have conducted thus far. I believe that they are consistent
with the work that we have undertaken thus far, but because we have not
yet officially completed our review of the document entitled "Review of
Issues for Transfers Working Group" (also attached). In our first call,
I would like to review issues 30-38 to confirm that we are still on the
same page, and then quickly move to the staff documents.

As a general note, I would also like to have a discussion (preferably by
email in advance of our first call) about how the use of EPP has changed
the policy environment around domain name portability and what if any
additional recommendations we might make given our operational
experience with the protocol and policy.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Call details will be sent
around later this week pending a general affirmation from this group
that the timing works relatively fine for all of us.

Thanks,

Ross Rader

Documents attached:

1) <Draft-Transfer-Advisory-24jan07.doc>
is the draft advisory, unchanged from last message in January.
2) <DenialClarifications-28mar07.doc>is some notes on possible tighter
wording/clarifications to the existing
policy.  This consists of 4 points taken out of the previous "policy issues"
list--all of these had to do with the reasons for denial section.
3) <Draft-TransfersPolicyList-28mar07>is a revised list of policy issues
with the above-mentioned items taken
out.
4) <TransfersChart-19jan06-2.doc> is the original working document
created by this working group.