ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[travel-support-2011]

comments about Fellowship Program

  • To: <travel-support-2011@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: comments about Fellowship Program
  • From: "Monica Abalo Laforgia" <monica@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:11:28 -0300

To Whom it may concern;

First of all, I’d like to thank ICANN to allow express our comments and
opinions in order to improve the process and participation of the community.

In this opportunity, I want to express my personal point of view as selected
candidate by the Fellowship Program for Mexico DF Meeting. My name is Mónica
Abalo and I’m from Argentina –a very far away country from the most
locations where ICANN meetings are held-

Apart from support Olga Cavalli’s comments, regarding transparency I’d like
to add that it’s important to communicate to the applicants the results of
the selection, even when the selected candidates list would be available on
the web page (results that I never could found in the web page other than
selected fellows of past meetings).

I submitted the application form three time: (i) for México DF, (ii) for
Korea and (iii) for Brussels Meetings and none of these time I was
communicate which were the selected candidates, except for the one I was
elected.

On the other hand, and related to geographically weighted process each time
I submitted my application, I wondered how really chances did I have to be
selected being located in South America.

Thanks once again for request and receive community’s opinion.

Mónica Abalo