ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[travel-support-draft]

Further comment on draft travel support procedure.

  • To: travel-support-draft@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Further comment on draft travel support procedure.
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:55:03 -0400

I have just checked into my hotel in Paris, and find I have to add one comment regarding how different people are currently and in the proposal are treated differently than others.

In general, ALAC members (in fact, all At Large people for whom ICANN funds travel) are provided with a hotel room and a per diem that is expected to cover all out-of-pocket costs. However, ICANN staff have deemed that ALAC members do not need Internet in their rooms. I find that to allow me to work into the night to meet non-ICANN demands on my time, I have to spend 25 Euros per day plus taxes - about 1/3 of my per diem. Somehow, I suspect that Board members and perhaps even other NomCom appointees have these costs covered.

Alan Greenberg