ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[travel-support-policy]

Travel Support Policy - Comments

  • To: <travel-support-policy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Travel Support Policy - Comments
  • From: "Carlton Samuels" <carlton.samuels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:22:11 -0500

One of the ways ICANN demonstrate the value it places on its volunteers is
to work to reduce the financial burden of out-of-pocket expenses.

I also would recommend that ICANN adopt the system developed and used by the
UN and its agencies in allocating  and managing per diem expenses.  Base
rules for lodgings should also be adopted; a minimum standard must be set
and adhered to.  And we must routinely leverage group purchase arrangements
for better-quality rooms.  The existing coach-only airfare travel policy
requires urgent re-examination and setting a threshold [of flying time] to
merit an upgraded seat is advised. Organizations I'm associated with, for
example, accepts that any flight of more than 4 hours attract a business
class seat.

Kind regards,

Carlton

Carlton A. Samuels