ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[urs-15feb10]

Uniform Rapid Suspension

  • To: <urs-15feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Uniform Rapid Suspension
  • From: "SC" <starcraft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:08:12 -0800

Hello,

I'd like to express my opinion that the Uniform Rapid Suspension would be
disruptive to legitimate business owners. Allowing unscrupulous parties and
competitors to file complaints without penalty could cost small businesses
tens of thousands dollars.

Trademark holders already win most UDRP cases, lowering the cost and "fast
tracking" the process will only encourage predatory actions.

Sincerely,

John Burden