ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[urs-15feb10]

R Tindal comments

  • To: urs-15feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: R Tindal comments
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 15:10:29 +1100

This RPM will be be a powerful tool for rights holders, but has adequate
protections against abusive claims.  I support it as proposed.  It will be a
valuable complement to the UDRP, yet it contains important and necessary
differences  such as the suspension of names rather than their transfer.

The URS is the result of a long and productive period of community input and
refinement.  I believe this RPM is ready for implementation and any future
adjustments will be result of operational experience under the proposed model.

In conjunction with other approved RPMs, the URS will make new TLDs a much
safer place for trademark holders than existing TLDs such as .COM.  When new
TLDs are launched, and market share moves to them,  we will see an overall
reduction in the current burden on trademark holders.

Richard Tindal