ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[vrsn-btappa-amendment]

Proposed ICANN changes

  • To: vrsn-btappa-amendment@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Proposed ICANN changes
  • From: Todd Hill <todd.hill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 18:14:18 -0700

These changes I'm reading about are inappropriate, overbearing, and
completely unacceptable.

The corporate money-grabbing schemes will not be allowed. The litigation
that would ensue could cripple ICANN and the courts.

Traffic-based, value-based, or any other "calculation" is nothing but an
attempt to prop-up sagging income for poorly run organizations.

The only way the Internet can operate is as an open system ... as it has
been for all these years. Stay out of the way of Internet Neutrality.

Mostly seriously - I am the owner of many domains, not all of which
represent high traffic. But as an engineer and developer of web-based
solutions these kinds of ridiculous "controls" or attempts at gouging
domain holders and the user public will not be tolerated.

 -- Todd R. Hill
 Broomfield, Colorado, USA