ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wellington]

Supporting Edward Hasbrouck

  • To: wellington@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Supporting Edward Hasbrouck
  • From: Kimberly Weir <kimweirhome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:22:07 -0800

Dear ICANN:

As a professional travel writer and a person deeply invested in making
travel experiences accessible to all, I agree with Edward Hasbrouck's
concerns about limiting new top-level Internet domain names for travel
(".travel" and ".aero") to commercial interests. You might want to
listen to your consultants concerning this matter.

Considering what seem to be ICANN's concerted efforts to thwart Mr.
Hasbrouck's work as a travel journalist, I also strongly support his
request that your organization conduct an independent review of whether
it has followed its own rules concerning decision-making transparency.

Sincerely,

Kim Weir
Chico, California