ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-accuracy-study]

WhoIs

  • To: <whois-accuracy-study@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: WhoIs
  • From: "Steven Burn" <services@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 04:29:11 -0000

I've been trying unsuccessfully, to force you to check thousands of domains
(and similarly, contacted the likes of Ripe, due to invalid IP netblock
information) for inaccurate WhoIs, and the most I receive, is an e-mail a
few weeks later to ask ME if the details are now accurate - surely that's
your job?

Why on earth as I'm writing this, should registrars have to agree to your
policy, before you implement it - they're ISP's, nothing more. We already
know of some registrars that are clearly 99% criminally controlled, so they
aren't going to agree to anything that requires they actually use legit
info, are they .....

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

::: Declaration :::

Ur I.T. Mate Group is NOT a company, it is the name given to a collection of
websites developed and maintained by Steven Burn.

Websites and software currently owned, operated and developed by Ur I.T.
Mate Group are provided on a free to view and use basis. Ur I.T. Mate Group
does not and will not ask for or solicit, personal information*, password,
credit card details or payments. For more information, please see our
Privacy Policy.

http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Documents&doc=Privacy

Ur I.T. Mate Group is based in the United Kingdom.

* Except where registration for an online service is required (e.g. forums,
sGB)