ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Generic Names Supporting Organization Council Vote Scheduled for October 31, 2007

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Generic Names Supporting Organization Council Vote Scheduled for October 31, 2007
  • From: "Cody W. Zumwalt" <cwz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:39:17 -0600

Ladies and Gentlemen:

This message is to urge the Council to reject Motions 1 and 3 relating to
the WhoIs system.  Our law firm specializes in trademark litigation.  On
behalf of our clients, we routinely access WhoIs reports in order to contact
domain name registrants on our clients' behalf.  Our clients' interests in
enforcing their trademarks would be seriously harmed if we were unable to
ascertain the true identity and contact information of domain name
registrants.

Best regards,

Cody W. Zumwalt
Howard, Phillips & Andersen