ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Whois

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Whois
  • From: "Donald Manasse" <dmm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:44:10 +0200

Dear Sirs

As an attorney practicing in the international arena, I can confirm that the
Whois system has been essential to allow clients to seek redress against
persons posting false or defamatory information on the web. Eliminating or
restricting access to the Whois system is the equivalent of not requiring
newspapers or magazines to print the name and address of the editor and
publishers. With search engines refusing liability in such situations,
access to  Whois is an essential protection of the rights of individuals
against irresponsible postings.

I therefore wish to add my voice to those supporting Motion 2

Sincerely yours

Donald Manasse

DONALD MANASSE LAW OFFICES
4 BOULEVARD DES MOULINS
MC 98000 MONACO
T : + 377 93 50 29 21
F : + 377 93 50 82 08
DIRECT EMAIL : DMM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

THIS EMAIL MESSAGE CONTAINS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION INTENDED
ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY NAMED.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE
INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION,
DISTRIBUTION OR COPY OF THIS COMMUNICATION OR ITS ATTACHMENTS IS STRICTLY
PROHIBITED.  IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS EMAIL IN ERROR PLEASE NOTIFY US
IMMEDIATELY BY TELEPHONE