ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Your Plans to Shutdown or Alter WHOIS

  • To: "'whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx'" <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Your Plans to Shutdown or Alter WHOIS
  • From: "Claessen, Rolf (Dompatent)" <RClaessen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:50:08 +0200

Dear Sir or Madam,

we are an internationally recognized intellectual property law firm situated
in Cologne, Germany. It is of crucial importance for our day to day business
to have access to the WHOIS records. Our clients own trademarks and patents
that may be infringed on websites. The WHOIS database is the only way for us
to obtain a reliable information about the true owner of a website. WHOIS
information is currently the only information accepted by our national civil
courts for determining the true owner of websites.

Therefore it is our opinion that the ICANN's policy advisory body in its
vote on 31 Octover 2007 should

- dismiss Motions 1 and 3, and

- adopt Motion 2.

All other options would be a severe setback for the developed countries
fighting against plagiarism.

Yours sincerely,

Rolf Claessen

von Kreisler Selting Werner

Patentanwälte Patent Attorneys

Dr.(USA) Rolf Claessen

Patentanwalt, European Trademark and Design Attorney

Deichmannhaus am Dom                    Telefon/ Phone:          +49 (221)
91652 0

Bahnhofsvorplatz 1                            Durchw./ Ext.              +49
(221) 91652 135

Postfach/ P.O. Box 10 22 41               Sekr. / Ass.                  +49
(221) 91652 234

D-50462 Köln                                      Telefax:
+49 (221) 134297

Deutschland/ Germany                       Email:
rclaessen@xxxxxxxxxxxx