ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

who is comments

  • To: whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: who is comments
  • From: Ron Goldman <rmgoldman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:03:16 -0700

Dear Sir or Madam: I like the whois database just the way it is now. On three separate occasions I used that database to locate infringers of the marks of two of my clients, and was able to resolve the claim on mutually agreeable terms without significant cost, time or effort for may small clients. Just the fact that one is able to locate them in the US or a foreign country alerts the wrongdoer that they will not be able to hide from justice and that is often enough I find to allow the dispute to be brought to a close. I don't understand why ICANN would seek to abolish such a helpful database. thank you.