ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments]

WHOIS Reform

  • To: whois-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: WHOIS Reform
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 05:28:55 -0800 (PST)

I favor WHOIS reform.

We should not allow corporate executives to hide
behind a shield of anonymity.  Instead, we should
require them (just like all other registrants) to
expose their private details to the public.  We need
to know the private home phone numbers of these
executives (especially those that participate in
anti-piracy and anti-peer-to-peer groups).  We need to
know exactly where they live so that we can act to
better protect our interests.  We need to know their
private fax numbers.  We need to expose them to the
probability of identity theft, stalking and netizen
rage.

No longer should we tolerate having them hide behind
the anonymity of an organizational registration.  Let
them benefit from the same policies that affect the
rest of the public.  :)