ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-rt-draft-final-report]

comments

  • To: whois-rt-draft-final-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: comments
  • From: Bob Bruen <bruen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:24:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

How can anyone take this report seriously with such a superficial presentation of the facts? I expected more from this group.

There are a number of errors, but I will highlight just one to make a point.

The report references 900+ registrars more than once. If someone had looked a little deeper or read some of KnujOn's reports, a number closer to reality, like around 350 registrars would have emerged.

Many registrars own other, mostly paper, registrars. The highest number is owned by eNom, 140. These paper registrars are not real registrars, but are simply extensions of the owning registrar.

The number of registrars is not only a fraud, but is an insidious tangle, which hides what should be an open and transparent environment.

--
Dr. Robert Bruen
http://coldrain.net