ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-comments]

Opposed to porn domain

  • To: twomey@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to porn domain
  • From: "Bruce Curtis" <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:16:17 -0500

Dear Sirs,

As a youth volunteer who regularly encounters the damage pornography brings to our society, I am strongly opposed to offering porn purveyers their own internet domain. As you know, billions of dollars a year is made by porn providers, and they have perfected ways of forcing it upon unwary computer users who don't know how to block it.

Not only does this prurient trade violate community standards of decency, it contributes to rape, unplanned pregnancies, divorce, adultery, transmission of STD's, child molestation and every other form of criminal sexual behavior that feeds on fantasies.

I encourge you to not only prevent the XXX domain extension from being adopted, but I ask that you help parents and families by finding better ways of discouraging widespread porn and eliminating those who utilize trojans and spyware, browser hijacking, popups and spam to force it upon netizens.

Sincerely,

Bruce Curtis
bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx