ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-comments]

STOP PORNOGRAPHY NOW!

  • To: twomey@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: STOP PORNOGRAPHY NOW!
  • From: "Bob Potter" <bpotter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:36:30 -0500

Dear Sirs,

I am opposed to the establishment of the triple X domain. You should be working to get pornography off the Internet, not putting more on it!

I ask this as a past foster parent, a father of three, and a Nursery Pastor!

As a foster parent, my wife and I cared for siblings who were victims of abuse. For six years we loved and cared for about twenty or more children between 2 yrs. and 12 yrs. old. Several of these children had been raped by their mother's live-in-boyfriends, who fed on pornography and expressed their perversion on these babies! I've seen it's vulgar, long-lasting results!

As the daddy of three grown children, the older a police officer, number two just graduated from TCU, and our last is in college junior studying to become a OB-GYN Nurse, we've been touched by pornography's far reaching tenticles, and are sickened by them!

As a Nursery Pastor, who has the oversight of 150-200 babies [0-2s], their parents, and appro! ximately 150 teachers [in a church of 6000], we will do all within our power to oppose pornography and the death it deals!

I humbly as you, and those with the authority to stop pornography's reach from increasing! Our jails, prisons, and far too many homes have easy access to the filth and destruction it spreads! It doesn't care whether it destroys children or adults! It's an equal opportunity cancer!

Please! Please! Please, Mr. Twomey, Mr. Sampson, and Mr. Gallagher do what is within your power to say... Enough IS ENOUGH!

Sincerely,

Bob Potter
bpotter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx