ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-comments]

Please, no more pornography! It's killing our nation.

  • To: twomey@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please, no more pornography! It's killing our nation.
  • From: "Barbara Strippelhoff" <bstrippelhoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:39:24 -0500

Dear Sirs,

I am opposed to the establishment of the triple X domain. You should be working to get pornography off the Internet, not putting more on it!

I just finished reading "Cyberstalking the Innocent" by Saeed Ahmed, an article from Cox News Service. It is a report from the FBI's Atlanta office and Georgia's Internet Crimes against Children Task Force who have a very active campaign against internet sexploitation of children and a successful track record of putting perpetrators behind bars.

It is all about the stalking, seduction and manipulation of youth via the internet. The stalkers log into kids' chat rooms, find out who is vulnerable and proceed to make contact. It is chilling to read. With as many sexual deviants as are arrested, there are many more walking free and commiting horendous acts against our most vulnerable citizens. Just pay attention to the daily news from all over the country, children missing, children found violated and dead.!

When one of these criminals is arrested, a search of living quarters and property never fails to turn up a stash of pornography. Why aid, abet and enable this behavior? Creating a separate domain will not lessen pornography on the internet, it will just give even more opportunity.

Pornography is more addictive than cocaine; it is the prevailing addiction today in this nation; it is hidden, secretive and drawing in more people each and every day. Please work to get pornography off the net.
Where are your children today, are they being stalked? Where is your teenage son right now? Is he perusing porn on the net? For the sake of our youth and our nation we must wake up to this threat and do something about it.

Sincerely,

Barbara Strippelhoff
bstrippelhoff@xxxxxxxxx