ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

xxx proponents

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: xxx proponents
  • From: Christine Rotonda <crotonda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 10:59:27 -0500

As a parent, I think the time is now to get this finally done.  Let's clean up
the sleaze from the internet and stop the harrassing pornographers from
advertising to our children and the adults who are not interested in their form
of entertainment.  I don't want to see what these websites have to offer.  I'd
like to surf the internet without this smut.  It is offensive. If you want to
view it, go to the .xxx domain.  I'll choose to protect my family from porn as
a responsible parent would.

This whole idea reminds me of the people complaining about cleaning up 42nd
Street when it was rundown and crime-ridden.  Now it's a place where people can
enjoy NYC without being scared.  Yes, it was a money-making idea and very
lucrative for NYC and the community.  What is so wrong with that?  This .xxx is
a win-win for both the porn industry and people who do not appreciate these
sites.  We're not saying eliminate them.  We're saying give them their own
venue. One where everyone knows what it is when they see the sign - without a
doubt.  If one x-rated site gets on the bandwagon, they'll be applauded.  All
others will follow.  They probably will have more profits because they won't
need so many "gimmicks" (such as spam/popups) to get people to visit their
sites.  The only people who want porn sites to remain "as is" are the customers
and the industry insiders.  They have no concern for anyone but themselves.

Christine Rotonda