ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

XXX Domain Creation

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: XXX Domain Creation
  • From: "Dave Landis" <DLandis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:20:36 -0500

I don't believe the creation of the .xxx domain without legislation
requiring its use to distribute pornographic materials is a good idea.
In my opinion, it will only allow more room for expansion of an already
pervasive problem.  If, and only if, distributors of pornographic
material were forced, under penalty of law, to utilize the .xxx domain
and ONLY this domain would I consider this as even a stepping stone to
making the internet safer for our children.

Please consider this as a NO vote to the .xxx domain creation
unless/until legislation is created to FORCE pornography distributors
(worldwide) into this domain and no other so that we can easily filter
them out.

Thanks,

David A. Landis

Decatur, IN 46733