ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

opposition to .xxx

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: opposition to .xxx
  • From: "David Colquiot" <colquiot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:36:23 +0100

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to express my opposition to the whole idea of introducing
another domain name extension, in this case .xxx. I feel there's no genuine
need for this, and ICM's motivation to push the matter is purely financial.
A planned registration fee of around $70 per domain is downright abusive.
Contrary to their claims, .xxx will not protect minors from viewing
inappropriate content but will only increase the number of domains with
adult contents.

.xxx would be an extension with little future, as ISPs could simply prevent
their customers from reaching any such domains. I strongly believe in the
democratic and free-spoken nature of the internet and think that .xxx would
form a threat to this unique feature.

I hope my concerns will be taken into consideration.

Kind regards,

David Colquiot, M.D.