ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Just say 'No' to .xxx domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Just say 'No' to .xxx domain
  • From: "Linda Klassen" <elklassen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:51:17 -0500

Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been referred by John M. R. Kneuer, Assistant Secretary of Commerce for
Communications and Information, to your office to submit my comments and
protests regarding the proposed .xxx domain.

The public should not have to point out what is already widely apparent and
experienced as the social an moral plague the proliferation of pornography has
brought upon our society. Why your corporation would even consider accepting
the proposal to create an .xxx domain, even under the fabricated excuse that it
would somehow 'protect' our most susceptible citizens, boggles the mind.
Regardless of where this vile and destructive obsession with the most base and
depraved of human behaviour is 'relocated', it will be no less destructive, and
as past inclinations have shown, it refuses to be 'contained'.

Since there is no legitimate benefit to society associated with the consumption
of pornography, but serious allegations as to its detrimental affects on adults
and children alike, a fact Ted Bundy would attest to, if he were still around,
as could several other rapists, sado-masochists and serial sex-murderers who
got their 'inspirations' from consuming pornographic material, the aim should
be to purge such web sites from cyber space whenever and wherever possible.

Even though corporations are not 'citizens', and view us only as their 'market
of consumers', it is in the best interest of corporations as well, to preserve
their 'market of consumers' by promoting that which encourages sound and
healthy pursuits of that which has at least some semblance of nobility and
integrity to it, and doesn't endorse an indulgence that breeds more than one
kind of disease in the minds as well as the bodies of its 'junkies'.

For the preservation of an already degraded society, I urge you to "Just say
No!" to the proposed .xxx domain and any other proposal that has nothing better
than the perverse and the vile to offer. Thank you for taking my comments into
consideration.

Sincerely,

Linda Klassen
St. Catharines, ON