ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Protect our society

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Protect our society
  • From: busyking@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:29:37 -0500

Dear Sir/Madam;

I am concerned about the proliferation of pornography on the
Internet.  Hearing that there may be a xxx domain wrenches my gut.
Men, and many women, are visually wired.  Easy access to the
stimulating material on the internet makes it very difficult for many to
resist.
Pornography addiction is a real and destructive force and it is becoming more
common in the average household.   It has been likened to cocaine/heroin
addiction in that it can imprint the brain and be very difficult to break.

Please consider the struggles many are already having, the lack of decency
our society has accepted as norm, the lie that anything we want to display
can be called "art", or "freedom of speech."

Please do not approve, and thereby give support to, a xxx domain.

Sincerely,

Sharon King
AOL Mail and more.