ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

xxx domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: xxx domain
  • From: "Van Gundy, Kerry" <Kerry.VanGundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:13:44 -0600

Ladies and Gentlemen:
I would like to voice my concerns about the establishment of a xxx domain on
the internet.  I believe that it will be like a "banquet," feeding the
perversions of sexual predators, and contribute to countless more individuals
becoming addicted to pornography, perhaps also developing into sexual
predators. My concern is heightened since it is my understanding that there
will really be no way to enforce that that would be the ONLY place to find
pornography online.  It's like saying, instead of having drugs sold on every
corner, let's just give the drug dealers a building where they can consolidate
their efforts, and we'll know where they are, and people will know where to go
for drugs.  That would not realistically eliminate drug dealing on corners; it
would just expand the availability of drugs.  It would not eliminate drug USE,
only change the way people get it.  I believe that would be true also of the
establishment of a pornographic domain.  It would not address the problem of
pornography, nor would it help people break away from its destructive nature or
their addictions; it would just change the way they get it.
Please abandon this xxx domain plan.  I would like to see a plan to ELIMINATE
online pornography, rather than just lumping it together into a super-store of
porn.
Kerry Van Gundy