ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Objection to proposal

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Objection to proposal
  • From: Colin Richmond <crichmond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:35:25 +1100

To all Concerned,
Again I am voicing my Objection to this proposal, the same as I did last year when this idea was mooted.

As an adult and also a parent, I can see the need to protect children and minors from the traps of the Internet. Having said that, I hold very firmly on the idea that censorship begins at home and is the responsibility of the parent and/or guardian of the children and minors who use the internet, and not up to someone or some company to control what can be seen or accessed by the worldwide adult community, without having to pay extra fees, which is what will happen should this ridiculous piece of legislation go through.
All that will happen, is that if this is passed, is one company will have the right to charge any fee they like, to adult internet sites, to have access to the internet at an Adult level, as in the XXX address tag. The fees then would have to be passed on to all Adult users wanting to use/view Adult sites.

It's all about money and who controls what. Very much the same as Drug Lords and the Mafia, right?.

Let us hope that this proposal is again rejected.

--
regards,
        Colin Richmond