ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Please, NO xxx domain category from ICANN!

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please, NO xxx domain category from ICANN!
  • From: bklisenbee@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:42:38 -0500

New York City: February 14, 2007

Dear ICANN Board Members:

I wrote yesterday but don't think my comments were sent to the correct E-mail
at ICANN.

The Internet is not supposed to be used for illegal purposes. I consider the
fact that you are even considering (again) a separate category for purveyers of
pornography and obscenity via the .xxx domains most disturbing.

Everyone will be able to find pornography even easier on the Internet, by just
typing names in and adding xxx after them. Also, don't you even recognize that
the hardcore obscenity on the Web not is not really legal? The fact that so
much of it is available is due to lack of enforcement of our obscenity laws by
the FBI, Customs, and others in various agencies, including the U.S. Justice
Department.

The problem is a very serious one, leading to life-long addictions by children,
teenagers and millions of adults, and affects society as a whole, cheapening
wholesome sexual relations and turning it into a commercial circus run by
people who couldn't care less about society, as long as they make a lot of
money and frankly, avoiding taxes as well.

It is also appalling that you would even allow such a situation to develop. The
pornographers working hand-in-hand with ICANN to "self-police" their .xxx
domains while also doubling their money on other non-.xxx domains.

The bottom line is that you are under no obligation to approve this il-advised
proposal, set forth by the "adult industry", and I strongly urge you to reject
it once and for all.

Please keep me informed on this issue, and thank you for hearing this citizen's
opinions on this matter.

Sincerely,

Kenneth Lisenbee

New York City / Tangier, Morocco