ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

End this foolish idea

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <citizenlink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: End this foolish idea
  • From: "Sylvia Chapman" <mdcjr56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:46:14 -0600

I understand the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is
again considering establishing a new Internet domain devoted solely to
pornography.

I oppose this idea for many reasons. Among them,

  a.. the concerns that such a domain will actually proliferate pornography
online,
  b.. will confer legitimacy on material that often violates state and federal
obscenity laws, and
  c.. may even hamper obscenity enforcement through the faulty notion that such
material can simply be blocked by those who don't want it.
I urge ICANN to end this foolish idea for good.