ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Pornography Internet Domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <citizenlink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Pornography Internet Domain
  • From: "Sampson, Pam" <Pam.Sampson@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:47:45 -0600

To Whom It Concerns:

I am very much opposed to an internet domain specifically set up for
pornography websites.  I can see where some might view it as cleaning up
the rest of the internet, but I think it would give a legitimacy to
pornography and send the wrong message.  Pornography is addictive and
may lead some men, and possibly woman, to rape and violence trying to
act out things they see on the websites.  Instead of promoting it, I
would like to see the internet clean it up and remove it altogether.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Pam Sampson
psampso@xxxxxxxxx