ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

XXX internet domain

  • To: "ICANN Committee" <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: XXX internet domain
  • From: "Mark Ehlen" <rmehlen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:30:06 -0500 (EST)

Mark Ehlen
12841 Belle Aire Dr.
Champlin, MN 55316-4200

February 15, 2007

ICANN Committee
4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
Marina del Rey, CA 90292

Dear ICANN Committee:

I wish to make it know that I am strongly opposed to setting up a special
internet domain for porn sites to use. This sort of idea does nothing to
limit pornography sites and could be argued that it helps to encourage and
legitimize them. If you must have a .XXX domain then require all porn
sites to use it and prohibit them from any other domain so that those that
wish to block this contect will be able to effectively do so.  This would
at least limit the chances of stumbling across steath sites by accident.
Please work to limit internet porn, not promote it.

Sincerely,

Mark Ehlen