ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Establishing an internet domain for pornography

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, citizenlink@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Establishing an internet domain for pornography
  • From: Kathy Smith <krsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:45:06 -0600

I want to express my concerns that establishing a domain for pornography
will actually proliferate pornography online, will confer legitimacy on
material that often violates state and federal obscenity laws, and may even
hamper obscenity enforcement through the faulty notion that such material
can simply be blocked by those who don't want it.  Please do not establish
this domain.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Kathy Smith