ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Incorrect Comments, Per Your Feb 12 Meeting Minutes!

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Incorrect Comments, Per Your Feb 12 Meeting Minutes!
  • From: "Dave Cummings" <davecummings@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 22:04:38 -0800

I and the hundreds of others in attendance at the X-Biz seminar where ICM spoke
and responded to questions contend, contrary to the Minutes of the Feb 12, 2007
ICANN meeting, that the seminar was NOT "sparsely attended" (and, in my
opinion, perhaps whoever falsely reported that at the ICANN Feb 12, 2007
meeting is flat-out wrong, and that person's motives/mistake should be formally
investigated by ICANN?).

I estimate that 95% of the attendees at the seminar were against .xxx, as
measured by their applause whenever someone voiced opposition to .xxx and/or
ICM. IMO, measuring sponsored community support via input from ICM is totally
inappropriate. ICANN should not blackened their eye by relying on ICM's
subjective input.

Please do the right/professional/ethical thing, permanently and soundly
disapprove .xxx.

D. Cummings
Registered owner of 6,800 .com domains, the vast majority of which are
adult-sounding.