ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Dot-XXX Domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <citizenlink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Dot-XXX Domain
  • From: "Sulzycki, Patricia S Ms EAMC" <patricia.sulzycki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:39:58 -0500

I oppose the idea of establishing an internet domain solely for the
purpose of pornography for many reasons. Among them, I am concerned that
such a domain will actually proliferate pornography online, will confer
legitimacy on material that often violates state and federal obscenity
laws, and may even discourage obscenity enforcement through the faulty
notion that such material can simply be blocked by those who don't want
it.  Really, aren't our children and young adults bombarded with enough
pornography on the TV and in movies?? Do we need to add more?  Please
don't do this.

Patricia Sulzycki
MTS, Building 308
706-787-2580

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the
intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.