ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

I oppose .xxx

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I oppose .xxx
  • From: "Deej" <deej@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:32:58 -0800

As a full time webmaster of more than 20 websites, I oppose .xxx

Children being the reason for the necessity of .xxx is just not valid. .XXX in
no way protects the children. If anything, it points them closer to porn. All
it would take is for parents to take a few moments and install a family
filtering program. Netnanny is a great way to defend children from pornographic
material. I have proper code and ratings to allow such programs to deflect
children away. Now, how about some parents take action and protect their
children.

This is just a ploy for others to make a dollar off of other peoples hard work.
Plain and simple. Talk to the asacp, they dont believe it will help save the
children either.

Please dont get me wrong. I CARE about children. Ive had my own and so do more
than 50% of the adult industry. But it is primarily the parents' job to protect
their little ones from surfing the wrong pages on the internet. So many yell
and gripe, yet they dont take the few minutes to make sure their end is secure.

Thank you for your time,
Dameon Knapp