ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Opposition to .XXX

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposition to .XXX
  • From: mikeyddddd <mikeyddddd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:28:53 -0600

To Whom It May Concern:

I own hundreds of domains for adult entertainment. The domains are clearly
adult oriented. They are labeled with ICRA and RTA because I do not want
children or anyone who is not interested in adult entertainment to visit my
sites.

The proposed .XXX TLD will not help prevent child pornography. Those who deal
in child pornography have repeatedly demonstrated that they hold no regard for
the law.

Requiring .XXX domains for adult entertainment would have no impact on those
who publish child pornography as they are already breaking laws which prohibit
their disgusting actions.

A .KIDS TLD where those using that TLD must contain only child-safe content is
a much better alternative.

Implementing a .KIDS domain or something similiar to create a safe internet
environment for children would be much more effective than .XXX domains.

Another problem with the proposal is that non-US based sites are not required
to adhere to American laws.

.XXX domains would accomplish nothing that can not be done using labels
provided by ICRA, RTA or other organizations.

The request to implement .XXX domains is nothing more than an attempt by some
to profit from selling those domains. The .XXX proposal will merely line the
pockets of those administering the TLD.

I oppose the implementation of .XXX.

Michael Duncan

My replies will be from mikeyddddd@xxxxxxxxxxx