ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

.XXX is a horrible idea and bad for American Businesses

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .XXX is a horrible idea and bad for American Businesses
  • From: desus <desusnice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 10:41:50 -0500

Dear ICANN members,

I run an Adult Web company, I'm also a father of two children. I know
first hand the need to protect children from Adult Porn online and
take every step needed on my sites to do so.

However .XXX is NOT the solution to this problem and will in effect
make protecting children from Pornography even more difficult.

Protecting children from the harms of the internet is in the interest
of adult webmasters, hence the adult online industry funding of
ASACP.org

.XXX will not protect against child pornography as ICM/IFFOR says,
that is what law enforcement can do, and the recent issues with
registrars shutting down domains due to lack of 2257 documentation has
demonstrated that registrars can have influence to the process.

if there is Child Porn on a website, it would seem a report to the
registar to have them look at the site and confirm such content, would
make it easy for them to shut it down.

While the pedophiles are sick, they are not stupid. They won't
register a .XXX name, they will use .COM

Legal American webmasters do not want to be ruled by a .XXX TLD and
will be forced to their business to another country (making the
american economy lose millions of tax dollars).

In summation, .XXX is a bad idea, completely unwanted, a waste of
resources and will create more avenues for child Porn rather than
curtail it.

Thank you for your time

sincerly
C. Daniel Baker