ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

disapproval of dot-xxx and ICANN 39

  • To: xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: disapproval of dot-xxx and ICANN 39
  • From: Casey Deccio <casey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:37:32 -0700

It is my feeling that .XXX has no legitimacy as a TLD, and the
approval of this TLD is a pollution of the DNS, driven by greed alone.
 It's existence will merely muddy the waters of our current DNS TLD
space, adding TLD enshrouded with controversy that strikes the heart
of family and religious values that many embrace as the foundation of
our society.  I have yet to see a good argument for sanction of such
namespace.  Let ICANN step up and make a stand for what is right.

Note that the ICM registry is one of the silver sponsors of ICANN 39
in Cartagena, which sponsorship appears to be a conflict of interest
due to the history of interaction between ICM and ICANN.  I ask
potential attendees to consider this conflict as well as their
implications of participation in an event sponsored by a group engaged
in realizing the dot-xxx TLD, a pursuit mired with controversy and
general disapproval by countless other businesses, religious and
family organizations, and Web site and DNS administrators.

Regards,
Casey