ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

Opposition To ICM's Proposed .XXX sTLD

  • To: <xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposition To ICM's Proposed .XXX sTLD
  • From: <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:23:14 -0400

Gentlemen:

Please consider these comments in opposition to ICM's Proposed .XXX sTLD.  I am
a professional member of the adult online community, the part most impacted by
the ICANN Board's decision.  My company, Centaur Films, Inc., the registered
owner of www.centaurfilms.com  will be adversely affected if the ICM proposal
is accepted.  In this recessed economy, we, like many other companies, are
struggling to keep our doors open.  We do not need the added cost of
registering another domain name, at grossly inflated charges, in an attempt to
remain competitive.  It is very clear by their actions that ICM is attempting
to force the adult online community to subscripe to their domain, not in the
interest of any entity, but themselves.

ICM is pushing unnecessarily for a "responsible" global online community when
the adult entertainment community already has an entity through which Internet
publishers and others can self-identify as a responsible global online adult
entertainment community through the Free Speech Coalition and its Code of
Ethics.  We do not need, nor do we desire, any similar Code to be established
for us by a third-party profit making institution.

In summary, ICM's Proposal is a self-serving solution to a problem that does
not exist.

Thank you for your consideration.

Gary Worth
CEO