ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

No to XXX

  • To: xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No to XXX
  • From: phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:50:12 -0400

Having been professionally involved with producing adult content for more than
40 years i feel well qualified to comment on the proposed XXXs Tld .I have
worked in most countries including: Europe, Japan, Chile, Brazil, Argentina,
Malaysia, Thailand and the USA (California).

 For the record i am vehemently opposed to the proposed XXXs Tld for the
following reasons:

Full disclosure has not been made with regard to IFFOR its policy's and board
members. The aims, plolicy's and / or rules must be published in advance of any
ruling on the XXXs Tld To allow the adult industry to fully understand the
implications of this new offering.

Insufficient time has been allowed for comment. After the IFFOR details have
been fully disclosed a reasonable reply time of 90 days should be allowed.

I read that pre registration  is being allowed by those opposed to the XXXsTld,
no doubt by people out to name squat with the intent to profit from genuine
professionals in the adult industry. This will lead to conflict and  law suits
at a time when we should be fighting the real problem in adult, that of tube
sites stealing content and making freely available to all including minors ?

I believe the main thrust of introducing the XXXs TLD was supposedly for the
protection of minors on the Internet, Why do we need yet another body when we
have FSC who for years have led the fight against child pornography and helped
in no small part to regulate the adult industry in a professiona,l efficient
and effective manor. Its obvious to me and the many people i meet and work with
within the adult world that the only intent here is to make money by forcing
the adult industry over to yet another Tld sold at very inflated prices.

Without exception everyone i talk to is against the XXXs Tld. In my opinion it
would be a very serious mistake to allow this to continue and i sincerely
request that you deny the operation of the XXXs Tld

Legal Pictures California