ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

We do not want the TDL .xxx

  • To: "xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx" <xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: We do not want the TDL .xxx
  • From: name Last <armstrong.paul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 01:52:54 -0400

-----------
The following was already said by a fellow real stakeholder and now I
as a REAL stakeholder, with over 11 years in the Adult Community! IMO,
ICANN needs to determine if ICM and all of the people it's motivated
to express support for .xxx are, in fact, REAL stakeholders. IMO,
ICANN needs to make certain that ICANN decides who meets stakeholder
and sponsored community status, and not be swayed by any ICM
subjective preferences/definitions/etc of it.

In my REAL stakeholder opinion, ICANN should permanently and totally
deny the ICM .xxx proposal. It seems to me that relatively few Adult
Internet people are in favor of it, while conversely, relatively MANY
of the REAL stakeholders support ICANN denial of the ICM proposed .xxx
contract.

I understand that ICANN might possibly be feeling somewhat swayed due
to concern of an ICM lawsuit if .xxx isn't approved for ICM. IMO,
ICANN might indeed be involved in a multitude of lawsuits if .xxx
ISN'T denied, and those legal actions could be near-term, continuing,
and long-term (e.g., if/when government "ghetto-ization" requires REAL
STAKEHOLDERS to close sites with .com and other presently recognized
tlds, and instead use the ICM .xxx tld; or, when continuing registry
and other "issues/problems" come up, etc---this could go on for years
and years).

I worry that unless ICANN totally and permanently "kills" .xxx THIS
time, ICANN will become so overburdened in resolving matters related
to .xxx that ICANN might become unable to properly accomplish its
other primary priorities and responsibilities.

I understand that the Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has brought many
IMPORTANT issues to ICANN in the last few weeks. IMO, ICANN needs to
listen to FSC and resolve all the matters AND requests that FSC has
surfaced to ICANN. Like many other REAL stakeholders in the Sponsored
Community, FSC is the overall voice for me. ICM does not speak for me
(or MANY others of the REAL stakeholders!).

P Armstrong